The marine licence theory course runs over 4 hours. On successful completion, participants receive a certificate, whereupon a marine licence can be issued by the Government. No further testing is required.
Sailingworld pty ltd Registered as # 91229 who is trading as Boating Licence Course. This course is based upon the national syllabus of boating education designed to prevent boating incidents and save lives. We are a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The package you have purchased & are now being supplied consists of the following five units:
MEM50008B - Carry out trip preparation and planning
MEM50009B -Safely operate a mechanically powered recreational boat
MEM50010B - Respond to boating emergencies and incidents
SISOPWC201A - Select and maintain a personal water craft (if doing PWC)
SISOPWC202A - Demonstrate simple personal water craft skills in controlled conditions (if doing PWC)
This is a great package as you are being supplied and trained in all the five units above. There are different pathways included within the package.
Our Victorian marine Licence Courses are designed for everyone, (ages 12 and up welcome). Getting your marine licence is easy! We deliver courses in Melbourne and throughout VIC for you to get your marine licence sooner. When completed a certificate will be issued for you to present to a VicRoads customer service centre for the immediate issuing of your marine licence.
Book early to avoid disappointment!
Discounted Super Saver Ticket $190
The Super saver ticket must be requested at time of booking or until sold out and discount code given to you as your discount verification. Sorry, these tickets are very limited thus must be requested and confirmed at time of payment. Amazing value with all the great service we offer. BOOK EARLY This early-bird ticket sells out very early.
Discounted Ticket $260
If available, this is a great deal for your course or until sold out. Great value with all the great service we offer. BOOK EARLY
Standard Ticket $320
Often these are the last available tickets. Busy people may prefer to get this fully flexible ticket. This ticket is flexible. With this flexible ticket, if you miss your course it does not matter you can catch us at our next one, without purchasing a new ticket.
PWC (Jet Ski) Discounted Super Saver Ticket – $100
This upgrade is available upon request or until sold out. This ticket must be requested at time of booking and discount code given to you as your discount verification. Sorry, these tickets are very limited thus must be requested and confirmed at time of payment and must be booked in conjunction with marine licence course tickets listed above. BOOK EARLY
PWC (Jet Ski) Discounted Ticket – $140
This is the discounted deal pricing for your PWC (Jet Ski) course. Great value with all the great service we offer.
Evidence of age and identity
A person, is required to provide full Evidence of Identity (EOI) A minimum of three original documents are required to establish full evidence of identity:
- at least one document from category A – evidence of existence
- at least one document from category B – evidence of use of identity
- the third document may be from either Category A, B or the evidence of residential address category
- at least one of the identity documents must show your signature and date of birth
- if your Australian residential address is not shown on one of the documents, a fourth identity document from the evidence of residential address category must be produced.
With original EOI documents, photocopies of EOI documents are acceptable but only if a Justice of the Peace (JP) certifies that they have sighted the originals and the copies are also certified by the JP.
Category A - evidence of existence
At least one document is required from:
- Australian birth certificate bearing both a registration & certificate number (not a commemorative certificate, certified copy or extract). If the certificate is not in the name currently used - appropriate linking documentation will be required - refer evidence of change of name.
- Australian Citizenship Certificate or Naturalisation Certificate
- Australian Passport (current or expired up to 2 years)
- Foreign Passport (current or expired up to 2 years if accompanied by a current Australian Visa)
- Department of Immigration & Multicultural & Indigenous Affairs (DIMIA) travel document (valid up to 5 years after issue)
- DIMIA Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status
- Australian photo driver licence (current or expired up to 2 years)
- Australian Defence Force Photo Identity Card (excluding civilians)
- Victorian or Federal Police Officer photo identity card
- New South Wales Photo Card issued by the Roads & Traffic Authority (only Photo Cards issued after 14 December 2005 will be accepted)
- Victorian proof of age card (issued after 9 October 2006).
Category B – evidence of use of identity
At least one document is required from:
- Medicare Card
- financial institution account card or credit card with signature and embossed name
- student identity document from an educational institution showing photograph and signature
- Department of Veterans' Affairs, Commonwealth Pensioner Concession or Health Care concession card
- Australian issued security guard or crowd controller licence showing photograph
- Australian issued firearm licence showing photograph.
Evidence of residential address
The following documents are acceptable as evidence of a person's residential address:
- contract of purchase, lease or rental, mortgage or land ownership certificate
- a telephone, gas or electricity account (up to one year old)
- water rates, local government council rates or land valuation notice (up to two years old)
- certificate or statement of enrolment from an educational institution (up to two years old)
- a passbook or statement from a bank, building society or credit union (up to one year old)
- current Australian vehicle registration certificate
- Australian driver's licence or vehicle registration renewal for the coming period
- last or current financial year Australian Taxation Office tax assessment
- Australian Electoral enrolment confirmation
- a letter from the principal of a recognised educational institution that is no more than 1 year old, on the institution letterhead and signed by the student (can also be used as a Category A or B document by a person aged between 12 and 15 years who is applying for a special permit).
Complete Victorian Recreational Boating Safety Handbook
Call the Local Assessor Now!
There is an assessment within the course, it is in the format of multiple choice. It's our goal and we hope for you to pass the course and the assessment. To assist you, we have a boating study book available, for convenience a copy is downloadable on this website. Remember it is a requirement, to have your Proof of Identity.
From time to time people may be required to retest we will do this free of charge and on the same day. After this, if further training and assessment are required we may give you an invitation to return, this would be without repaying the course fees a small retest fee may be applicable. You will not pay the courses fees again.
In the event that you cannot attend the course, refunds are not available.
We have incurred costs to deliver the original booking. Trainers have been paid and venues have been booked. Due to this, rescheduling is not available.
We can however offer discounted tickets during the off-peak season for those who missed their original course.
From time to time Boating Licence Course may need to reschedule a course, but In the event that a course is totally cancelled by us you have the option of transferring to another course, or to a full refund.
You can make a complaint by contacting Boating Licence Course in writing at: PO Box 2903 Taren Point NSW 2229
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
GST - You have not been charged any GST, There is no GST within our fee
Pursuant to regulation 30 of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Vic) the following persons are not eligible to apply for a marine licence:
• A person who is disqualified from obtaining a marine licence, during the period of that disqualification
• A person who is the holder of a marine licence that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension
• A person who is disqualified from obtaining a licence or other authority to be the master of or to operate a recreational vessel under
(i) the law of another State or Territory, or
(ii) the law of another country, in circumstances which, if they occurred in Victoria, would have resulted in the person being disqualified from obtaining a marine licence in Victoria
• A person who is the holder of a licence or other authority to operate a recreational vessel issued by another State or Territory that has been suspended , during the period of that suspension